UpShift training, certification and consulting provides your present and future employees the tools to create and sustain an equitable and inclusive work environment to compete in a growing diverse market; business leaders must ensure their employees are ready to meet workplace challenges and thrive.
UpShift Culture Certification
Aligning your company culture with the needs of an increasingly diverse customer can differentiate your business from its competitors and draw in a larger audience. UpShift Culture Certification will help participants identify their current culture and develop goals and tactics to become more inclusive. In addition, this certification provides communication and marketing tools that will align an inclusive culture with the company’s brand. By completing this certification, businesses will learn to implement cultural awareness into their day to day business, engage with a diverse population online and in turn attract new customers and increase sales.
Session 1: Create an Inclusive Culture
Whether you want to create a more female friendly environment, understand agism, Gen Z or engage the LGBTQ community, culture is key. In order to reach your intended goal, it is important to first understand your current culture, identify needed changes, examine bias, and determine anticipated outcomes.
This class will educate participants on the wants and needs of the diverse population in our nation. Participants will understand current trends and community expectations. It will then dive into an understanding of your current culture, and inclusivity model, and guide participants through setting goals to create a more inclusive culture.
- Soar Analysis of currency business culture
- Development of SMART Goals to create an inclusive culture
- Tactics and tools to create and reach a diverse customer base
- Improvement of diverse employee retention
Session 2: Inclusive Communication
Using inclusive communication in your marketing and branding tactics is essential to building a brand and culture that draws a diverse audience. By incorporating these tools into your company identity, customers will see your brand as progressive and inviting.
By using strategic public relations, social media and communication you can attract new customers to your business and change the image of your brand. This class will teach the basics of media relations and earned media coverage along with social media campaigns and implementing your certification into the culture of the business.
- Earned media coverage
- Increased engagement with customers through social media
- Internal communication culture shift
- Attraction of new customer base
- Development of brand loyal customers and ambassadors
Session 3: Attract a Diverse Customer Base
All communication is a reflection of your brand. When implementing a new tactic or campaign to attract a new customer base it is important to start by cleaning up your house. Training your team on strategic customer communication is essential to reinforcing your brand message. You have to walk the walk to talk-the-talk.
Training team members on inclusion is important but teaching them how to implement this communication is what will generate results. Whether your team is communicating face to face, via the phone, email or web the message must be consistent with your brand message and attractive to a diverse customer base. This class will focus on a variety of communication methods and how to best reach the intended audience.
- A strong understanding of active listening and sales approaches
- Engagement of online customers and an increase in brand awareness
- Development of a team approach to inclusion of a diverse customer base
- Positive web-based reviews and an increase in SEO
- Increased sales through relationship building
Session 4: Engaging Customers with Digital Marketing
If you are not connecting with your customer before they arrive at your business, you probably will not win their business. Over the past several years, the automotive market has seen a huge change in the purchasing process of most customers. Clients no longer arrive at a dealership or service center without knowledge. They have done their research and are prepared to make a purchase when they arrive.
Research is gathered online through reviews, word of mouth and brand awareness. Customers have determined where and how they want to spend their money based on a relationship that is developed online. Humanizing digital communication is key to connection and building that relationship. Customers want to know your story and believe in the business they are supporting. This class will teach you how to reach that customer, connect with that customer and in turn close a sale before they even enter your place of business.
- Development of a large reach to online customers
- An understanding of customer behavior online using analytics
- Development of a message that reaches a more diverse market
- Development of a strong brand position leading to a loyal customer base
- Increased online sales and inquiries
UpShift Leadership Certification
The UpShift Leadership Certification offers transformation through leadership examination and training. These sessions offer evidence-based practices to empower and motivate innovative environments that develop excellent places to work. Participants will gain an understanding of the strengths and opportunities of their leadership styles in addition to setting goals to develop better relationships within their work environment. These workshops will provide a skill set that leads to diverse employee recruitment and retention and a successful team environment.
Session 1: Leadership Styles that Get Results
Most people underestimate the impact an organizational climate has on the financial results of a business, and most managers believe their leadership style is based on personality rather than choice. Leadership and managers make up a large part of an organizational climate, their leadership style influences communication, motivation, development and ultimately the financial growth of a business. Leadership styles can be strategically based on choice if taught through a lens of understanding the bigger picture.
This class will delve into an understanding of different leadership styles and the results each style can garner. Participants will gain an understanding of choice in leadership and how it can directly impact a better working environment where teams will have satisfaction, motivation, and an inclusive friendly environment.
- Development of an awareness tool to use for leadership improvement
- Increased employee satisfaction, motivation, inclusivity, performance and retention
- An action plan to implement positive leadership, increasing profits
Session 2: Employee Retention and Satisfaction
There is power in assessment and self-awareness. This power provides perspective of yourself and others and enables positive adjustment for better decision-making to influence people and business outcomes. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of your team enables opportunities for improved employee satisfaction, motivation, productivity, inclusivity and retention.
This workshop style class uses a DiSC Management Assessment to provide valuable feedback that will enable you to take different approaches to positively influence others in a variety of ways. Using data from the assessment, participants will identify behavioral styles, stressors and motivational, and conflict points for themselves and others, as well as preferred communication and development styles.
- A personal understanding of leadership, behavior, motivation, and communication strengths and weaknesses
- An action plan to improve communication, relationships, and satisfaction in the workplace
- Improved employee retention, productivity, and morale
- Identification of positive leadership styles, and communication to improve an inclusive workplace
Session 3: The ROI of Emotional Intelligence
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) builds wellbeing and resilience for effective leadership and performance. Unlike IQ, EQ can be learned and expanded upon as leaders develop within an organization. Strong EQ skills lead to successful leaders, employees, and business growth with “good” profits and healthy bottom line.
In this class, participants will gain an understanding of EQ and its effect on business success. They will learn how to implement EQ skills to build stronger relationships with customers. In addition, they will understand how to best use EQ to improve personal and professional effectiveness.
- A deeper understanding of the role of emotional intelligence and work performance
- Action plan to implement personal leadership growth of EQ into business practices
- Development of Star Performers with enhanced personal and professional satisfaction
- Increased employee retention with an optimistic and resilient workforce
- Enhanced customer relationships
Session 4: Courageous Conversations in the Workplace
Creating an organizational environment where individuals and groups feel comfortable discussing differences in identity, language and culture provides a safe place where teammates can bring their authentic selves to conversations. Identifying and respecting these differences creates stronger work relationships and organization results.
This class will focus on educating leaders on the pitfalls and potential successes that may result from the different social identities that play out in the workplace. Participants will develop a plan to create a culture of inclusion and belonging within the organization, increasing their self-efficacy, emotional intelligence, and understand cultural competence and humility so that they can have or lead discussions about differences.
- An understanding of key influencers on behavior through self, situation and systems
- A transformation of fear into courageous action by identifying assumed truths
- Applicable strategies to communicate effectively with a diverse workforce
- Increased employee recruitment and retention, engagement and productivity
UpShift Workforce Certification
Surrounding yourself and your business with the right team may be the most important factor in your success. This certification will address the individual and team needs of each organization. Participants will understand goal setting and professional development as well as inclusive environments and recruitment.
First, you need employees to fill the voids in your business. Without a strategic recruitment and retention plan this is impossible. In order to help employees grow and assist in reaching your organizational goals, they must feel safe, seen and understood. Professional development and diversity are the keys to making this possible. This certification will set your business and your team on the right direction for success.
Session 1: Development of High Performance Employees
Creating a map for personal development can drive your business into high gear. Within this map, developing a culture for a diverse friendly atmosphere allows individuals to flourish in their own identity. The key to a successful mapping process includes identifying challenges and creating accountability.
This interactive workshop will teach participants how to navigate change from a holistic approach. They will clearly identify their current development “location” in addition to recognizing roadblocks and challenges. Participants will celebrate their current abilities while focusing on the ones that need further development to create a competitive edge. Tools will be offered to foster mindset clarity, asset-mapping and self-confidence.
- Development of a personal map with next steps to jump-start a successful professional relaunch
- Development of a comprehensive goal set with plan of action
- An understanding of diversity and inclusion and the role each plays in personal development
- A plan of action for overcoming obstacles as they may occur
Session 2: Attracting and Developing Diverse Employees
Attracting and retaining diverse talent is an important step toward growing an inclusive, successful employee base that can help your company achieve its goals. A diverse employee base will positively impact customer service and CSI. In addition, it increases a loyal customer base, referrals and additional sales.
This session will raise awareness of how each step of the human resources process can impact inclusivity. By participating, your organization will have the tools to create the culture, benefits and recruiting processes that bring diversity to your teams. Topics covered in this class will include recruitment, onboarding, training, shadowing and mentoring in addition to untraditional work-life benefits attractive to a diverse workforce.
- A marketing plan to recruit diverse employees to your team
- Training and onboarding tactics to set up new employees for success
- An understanding of the untraditional needs of a diverse workforce
- A basic understanding and plan for employee mentoring
- Increased diverse customer base leading to increased sales
Session 3: Recruiting Automotive Technicians
Filling open technician jobs has been a challenge for decades. Many shops recruit technicians away from competitors just to have the technician leave a short time later. By using an analytical approach, creating an inclusive workplace and developing a step by step plan, we can stop the cycle.
This session will outline how to create a pipeline of technicians that want to work for you and stay with you. The guide will develop a systematic approach to recruitment and retention. Participants will be provided with guidelines on developing an inclusive work environment that will attract an entire new pool of applicants. Our recruitment and retention plans develop committed employees that will recruit for you and better connect with your diverse customer base.
- Development of a networking program that will organically recruit technicians into your business
- A marketing plan developed to recruit diverse employees to your team increasing your technician pipeline
- An evaluation tool for existing technicians’ job structure and career paths
- Implementation guidelines for internships, onboarding and mentoring programs to improve employee retention
Session 4: Developing a Health and Safety Culture
A culture of health and safety provides assurance to all employees that they will return to their homes and families after their workday. A safe work environment ensures all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
An effective health and safety program goes beyond “compliance” to the productive and rewarding experience of working with and among those who care about and respect one another. A successful health and safety program reduces the business costs and human costs of injuries, illness, lost time, facility and equipment damage, and legal fines.
In this session, participants will learn the concept of duties, responsibilities, and accountability inherent in the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). Both the U.S. and Canada have legislation to enforce standards for occupational health and safety in the workplace.
- Appreciation for the value and benefits of health and safety
- A template for Company Commitment to Health and Safety
- An understanding of how the Occupational Health & Safety Act works
- An Understanding of hazard control and the Global Harmonized System (GHS) as developed by the United Nations for classifying workplace hazards.
- An Understanding of the effects of workplace violence and harassment
UpShift Master Certification
Communication, inclusivity and productivity are keys to a successful business. By ensuring you have the right team in place to reach your intended audience and that this team feels appreciated and safe in their work environment, you will see an increase in your business as well as the personal growth of your employees and customers.
The UpShift Master Certification provides you and your team with the skill sets needed to create a productive and inclusive workplace. In addition, this certification provides step-by-step tools to help you recruit the right team and customer base for your business. Participants will gain an understanding of inclusive culture, communication and leadership. Although each course can be taken individually, it is recommended that all participants strive for the Master certification to gain the most results.
- Increased employee productivity
- Step-by-step plans to develop and inclusive and diverse workplace
- Improved communication among employees and customer
- Increase in sales to a more diverse customer base